Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Case of the Gimmies

Fellow screenbloggers Dave Anaxagoras and Warren Hsu Leonard have posted an interesting exercise. Go to Google and type in "[your first name] needs" and see what you get. Better yet, post the results on your own blog.

I did the same, but with a bit of a change. Since we're coming up fast on the holiday season, I decided to change "need" to the more blatantly greedy "wants a". So, here's my web-generated holiday wish list - five from Google, five from Yahoo...

Alan wants a $10,000 income strategy.
...yep...that'd be fine...

Alan wants a tox screen run on Edward.
...I always suspected he was on something...

Alan wants a good bull.
...and a heifer who'll respect him in the morning...

Alan wants a G5.
...already ordered...shipping in two weeks!

Alan wants a twin brother who will handle the paperwork while the real Alan plays with lights.
...can he be an eeeeevil twin?...oooo...pretty lights...

Alan wants a D100.
...I've outgrown the C99...

Alan wants a paternity test.
...but only if I can get the results as a guest on Springer...

Alan wants a two-seater with a secure load space.
...for my D100 Anti-Traffic-Jam Missle...

Alan wants a word with you for a minute.
...it's about Edward...

Alan wants a production he can really sink his teeth into.
...here's hoping Santa knows some people...